Forum:E-mail on Uncyclomedia
|Forum: Home > E-mail on Uncyclomedia|
An e-mail service hosted by Google has been set up on the domain and is available for anyone who is administrator on a wiki related to Uncyclomedia. The old central e-mail [email protected] has been forwarded to [email protected]. For representative reasons, this e-mail is restricted for bureaucrats only. If there are e-mails concerning another administrator, we will FW it to the admin in question.
03:15, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Q: Do you (e-mail sysop) have access to my personal inbox, since it is "managed" by uncyclomedia.org?
- A: We can, but it would require a forced password change to log in ourselves into your account. But hey, why would we do that?
- Q: Can I make changes to, delete or forward my account at any time?
- A: Yes, you can. For deleting, ask me or Carlb.
- Q: Can I request e-mail service for another domain of Uncyclomedia?
- A: In case you're a bureaucrat there, ask Carlb. Admin/user? Talk about it within your community.
There seems to be a great idea to change the account, I can simply create a new account to only be used for... ah forget what I'd ask. It was exactly the point of the matter. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,462 preppiedits 00:58, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
"For representative reasons, this e-mail is restricted for bureaucrats only." - what representative reasons are those, exactly? And should that not be 'bureaucrat only', since there's technically only one active crat? ~ 08:48, 4 March 2012
- Hum... I guess you just Carlb and Cartoonist
and other(as bureaucrats) can check this email account, while the other administrators have to create accounts from this model. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,462 preppiedits 10:37, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- I fear neutrality of Uncyclomedia's concept might be in danger if we just give away the central inbox to people who are very likely to bash another project in Uncyclomedia's name. I need the full trust of people who have access to this e-mail. On local wikis, I don't see any problems with giving access to administrators, because there is almost no question of conflicts of interest.
- If there is an e-mail concerning you or another administrator, we will forward it to the administrator in question. But so far, I don't know your e-mail or you haven't sent me a request to have a personal Uncyclomedia e-mail address |
15:37, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- People who are likely to bash another project? Such as yourself, perhaps? Your constant regarding the English Uncyclopedia are certainly becoming of someone who would claim to speak for all the projects; I'd wondered why they'd have completely disowned something so potentially useful to the parody of Wikimedia, but I think I have a pretty good idea at this point.
- And I wouldn't call carlb active, certainly not in terms of email, given his penchant for not responding to anything. The others have not exactly been around either, though they do seem amenable enough when they are. ~ 19:21, 4 March 2012
- In fact, I notice that 4 of the bureaucrats, only two (those enumerated) are active. And yes, I did not send a meeting request because I'm still busy with other projects, my work and the administration of Desgalipedia and it got me away in my head that request. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,462 preppiedits 20:03, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Athyria, I did not mention 'Uncyclopedia'. This bashing is not only applicable to Uncyclopedia, but on every project that has a kind of feud with another Uncyclomedia project (e.g. WikiNet vs. Desciclopedia vs. whatever). This e-mail is not for personal interests, I don't want to clean the shit talk someone else uttered without my knowing.
- Carl's communication skills are maybe not on top-level, but the delayed answers he gives are well-explained and satisfying |
18:26, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
- No, I mention Uncyclopedia as a reason why you are no more qualified by your own rules than those you would try to rule out. Meantime you're also ruling out folks like Roye who are not only highly qualified in the art of diplomacy, but have also expressed a desire to help out, again apparently without even discussing it with anyone first. ~ 22:37, 16 March 2012