Forum:Wikinet is dead
|Forum: Home > Wikinet is dead|
Implying Wikinet was alive, lol.
We, Brazilians, have the terrible costume of, when getting banned from some wiki or don't being pleased with it, create our own wiki and use a bunch of shitty arguments to justify it's existence. That's what Wikinet (and others wikis that I'll not cite here) is. I'll not lie to you, Wikinet was really meant to be a Brazilian Encyclopedia Dramatica, with that maked-in-three-seconds name. However, it gets a little bit out of control, specially when I used it just to troll some Descíclopes and Desciclopédia itself. I really think that a Brazilian ED is necessary, and Wikinet is not for it, Wikinet is a shitty Desciclopédia's ripoff with a bunch of shitty articles about stuff that nobody cares. Every article in Wikinet (except from shitty stubs, unfunny Wikipedia-like articles, unfunny blog-like articles and full of naked sluts' pics articles) would fit perfectly on Desciclopédia. Wikinet has nothing to do with ED, Wikinet has a bunch of unfunny shitty articles about websites that nobody cares but the 4chan article (wich is VERY IMPORTANT to the Internet culture) is a crappy stub with a picture and a copipasted magazine's diary. Wikinet is more like a Cthulhu.fhtagnpedia, because he's the only user who edits and he makes Wikinet fits perfectly in his style, which is far away of what a Brazilian ED should be, but of course it's fine for him.
I'm considering giving Wikinet to Cthulhu.fhtagn. I would delete all my articles (because my articles won't fit in the Cthulhu.fhtagn's wiki style, himself said that doesn't like my kind of humor) and give the admin and bureaucrat status to Cthulhu.fhtagn in Wikinet. Most of Cthulhu.fhtagn's articles are actually about Internet, not the Internet culture, it's Internet history and sites that nobody cares about, so, yeah, the "new Wikinet" actually fits on the "WikiNET" name.
I want to discuss in this page about giving the wiki to Cthulhu.fhtagn with him, if this happens, I just ask to Cthulhu to do not restore my articles.
- I'm serious. You should see a doctor. I really mean it. Cthulhu.fhtagn (talk) 09:17, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
- Try to find some of your deleted articles on ED. Yeah, there's none of them. I just want to make Wikinet sounds more like a wiki about Internet and informatics (not Internet culture) and then get out of it and forget it. When you get admin status you would restore your articles. You don't see a problem because you build the wiki the way you want and it's absolutely perfect to you, and I created that wiki for another purpose. I'm not the wiki's owner, that's why you came to Carlb to stop me from delete the articles, I should not do that, I'm not the hoster, I'm just the bureaucrat, what means that, if the owner is the bureaucrat, the owner could be you. Also, Wikinet's rules/writing manual should change too.
- If Wikinet is giving you pain, then let it go. And please go see a fudendo doctor. If he says you are normal, then you can copicola the diagnosis e tell me to shove it into my ass. Cthulhu.fhtagn (talk) 08:40, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
Listen I do not see a reason satisfactory for this type of thing. Firstly, the Wikinet is a community and all users knowing what style of humor the site should have the freedom to edit.
Second, you may even be the bureaucrat but UnMeta is hosting Wikinet. I can even understand the problem and in a way I commented on Community Portal about it. Every community has rules and in this context I do not see why this situation get to this point. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,343 preppiedits 21:36, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
- Mgs, I don't know what happened where or what, but... relax. It's good for you (for everyone though), especially now, seemingly. As far as I understood the story, another user that gave another direction to a site... (an another direction of the "brainchild"), or something that looks like is, can be quite seriously indeed. Though, quitting and deleting means leaving (in my case on Oncyclopedia for what I've done) 4 years of work behind which is difficult to accept and can lead to traumas when work is gone forgood, but I cannot see that this is happening, considering that Wikinet is down forgood or so. I cannot advise nothing else (without the intention to mix myself too much into this story) than to take it easy and to not think about it for a day or two, than to take a cup of tea with a biscuit (uhuh Britishhhh) and to reconsider the whole situation one more time or so. Roye7777777 ~ Talk 20:10, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- I advise the ones who are motivated to run the project, that they become the 'crats. The ones who are unmotivated, take a break. I've posted a proposal for a deal on Moon Man/Mgs's talkpage on wikinet. If he doesn't respond, I will ask Carlb to give the bureaucrat permission to two users who apply for it. Cthulhu.fhtagn and Rhubella can make a good team together |
20:56, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, by the way, this does not mean the end of Wikinet.
What is WikiNet
There seems to be a misunderstanding of WikiNet's purpose. What is it meant for? It's actually the first time I read that it should be a Brazilian ED, but it's still a vague description of the concept. What is WikiNet's concept concretely? If there is no agreement about the content, it's time to discuss it. Especially from Cthulhu.fhtagn I want to know his story about how Wikinet should look like.
- a humour wiki about the Internet
- a Community where each contribution is respected and not a dictarship where just one decides what remains and what is removed
- Internet memes
- make fun about Internet sites
- make fun about Wikipedia and MediaWiki
- make fun about History of Computers
- ED-like pages are ok as long as it's just pr0n, but avoid the gore of ED
- never use Wikinet to do cyberbullying
- slutty images
- should be a Brazilian ED
- slutty images
Brazilian humour wikis
- Desciclopedia = Uncyclopedia family
- Malucopedia = Illogicopedia family
- WikiNet = ED family (but if you look at the ukranian ED you'll see that it's much more like softcore Wikinet than gore ED)
First of all: I'm sorry. I don't get depressed, neither wanted to suicide (LoL), but I got mad when I saw that Wikinet isn't a "Brazilian ED". I started it in the wrong way, creating templates, project pages that doesn't reflect very well the objective of the wiki and others things. A good wiki need to start from down: Creating stub articles, not crappy stub articles, a line explaining what's the article's subject is about, a category and the stub template, then, when someone appears on the wiki, see the article and edits the article to a better version. The "Brazilian ED" thing really confused the things for me, ED isn't a very good wiki, they do attack pages on people that doesn't deserve it, then send the article for him and print the reactions of the article to put it in the article. I don't support it very well, I also don't support the extra-gore images.
Cartoonist is right, I need to relax, I'll resign my adminship status, I want to see how is be on the "other side".
Also, the project pages of the wiki needs to be rewritted.
Also, Cthulhu, you can be mad when someone edits your article. Like, Linux article, do you think it should be that little page with some nude women forever? Someone will find better pics, will write a better text and will submit it into the article. If you get an article wrote by me and changed it completely to a better version, I'll be ok with this.